Talk about an overkill. Ayu is about to fall into Nicki Minaj territory where they both seem to use one picture for every single shit they do over the course of a few months. Like I mentioned in the post before this, they were probably rushing to wrap up this release after Ayu was so depressed with her sales that she decided not to record new material for the third release. Max Matsuura probably then decided to pick the first guy he sees down the street to draw Ayu's LOVE cover for this release.

It would have probably saved more time and money just to have a gold A symbol surrounded by fancy shit like in MY STORY Classical, and I can guarantee better reception from fans as well. Win-win situation! Ayu's team really needs to get their shit together. This is A Classical. Not LOVE Classical. Heck, even a picture of Ayu sketched naked while totally wasted, lying down in a bathtub filled with booze would be better because it pretty much encapsulates the entire course of her career.

Wait till I talk about the tracklist. I don't even know what to say. First of all, we are getting 10 songs for the price of 3200yen. Have they not gotten a clue from LOVE and again's sales that overcharging ain't cool? Secondly, Ayu is now falling into Every Little Thing category as well because for every "compilation" album they do, they include their biggest hits in it, and now Ayu is doing the exact same thing. SEASONS. M. Voyage. Oh thank god, at least evolution isn't on it. And on top of that, they even added 3 new songs she did this year. You & Me? Seriously? *orchestra in the background* OHHHH FRILAY NIIITE!

Of course, this tracklist had 7/10 songs voted by TeamAyu. Of course this was going to be a predictable tracklist. Because using avex logic, while asking "What is the Ayu song you most want to hear in classical form?" for A Classical may seem too obvious, asking "What is your favourite Ayu song" for A SUMMER BEST was totally not obvious. I get it, I get it.

Alright I'll stop being such a bitch. I'll admit that I'm looking forward to hearing those songs anyway. I really enjoyed MY STORY Classical, and likewise I hope this doesn't disappoint.

A Classical will be released on 8 January 2012.
CD Tracklist
  1. M
  2. Love song
  3. SEASONS
  4. You & Me
  5. BLUE BIRD
  6. Days
  7. Voyage
  8. Song 4 u
  9. Missing
  10. Dearest

Also, since everyone and I included hate the cover, I've decided to take matters in my own hands and do up my own version of the cover which I think uses a more appropriate image that definitely puts the Classic in A Classical. Or Ass, if you will.


What can I say, avex needs to hire me asap. You're welcome, everybody, and Merry Christmas!


EmoticonEmoticon